I was mistaken, when I thought being free and done with school would fix my problems and change things. I still overslept and I'm still sitting in front of my computer procrastinating with way too many things to do and write. The door's locked, my own illusion of being able to keep my sense of peace and sanity and pretend like what's really going on can't bother me. I really was naive, stupid and wrong. So, so wrong. And now I know, where the growing pains and chains have been coming from, and I wish I had seen it earlier. That to some, its about an ultimatum, one world or the other, when I never really saw it that way at all.
One of these days, I want to write my life story, not to publish, but to remember. I want to recall the vivacity and the emotions and be able to look back and see how far I've come. How far we've come.
I want to slow down, to have someone who gets all this, who knows me better than I know myself and who can tell me what to do to sort this mess and make everyone happy. But we all know happiness without compromise is but an illusion, dont we?
"There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you've carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right where you stand."
freedom is but an illuson
ReplyDeleteI was mistaken, when I thought being free and done with school would fix my problems and change things. I still overslept and I'm still sitting in front of my computer procrastinating with way too many things to do and write. The door's locked, my own illusion of being able to keep my sense of peace and sanity and pretend like what's really going on can't bother me. I really was naive, stupid and wrong. So, so wrong. And now I know, where the growing pains and chains have been coming from, and I wish I had seen it earlier. That to some, its about an ultimatum, one world or the other, when I never really saw it that way at all.
One of these days, I want to write my life story, not to publish, but to remember. I want to recall the vivacity and the emotions and be able to look back and see how far I've come. How far we've come.
I want to slow down, to have someone who gets all this, who knows me better than I know myself and who can tell me what to do to sort this mess and make everyone happy. But we all know happiness without compromise is but an illusion, dont we?
"There are some things in this world you rely on, like a sure bet. And when they let you down, shifting from where you've carefully placed them, it shakes your faith, right where you stand."